Monday 28 April 2014

Sympathy card

Well today I made a sympathy card for a family friend who lost her husband last week.
He was a lovely man whom loved rallying so much. 
For the last few days I sat at my desk thinking but couldn't muster a card up. And today I am seeing her for the first time since his death and had to make this card. 
I used centura pearl card and the decoupage sheet was a CUP sheet that I purchased a while ago. I printed the decoupage onto centura pearl card stock.
I hope I have done it justice. 
Also the verse which also came from CUP says.

Take some time in the silence
If you're feeling low.
To think upon their memories,
To bask within their glow.
I know its not easy,
To let a loved one go.
Your heart will continue grieving,
Because you loved them so.
But eventually it will get better,
I promise this for you.
And may the joy of being reunited one day,
Always help you through. 

I just hope that she will take comfort that I will be there for her xx

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful sympathy card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It a perfect sympathy card, not easy cards to do, but this is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Card Sam, and a lovely verse :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and wonderful verse. Never easy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a difficult time. A lovely card for the occasion x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss. The card is beautiful and lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and verse Sam xx Jan

    ReplyDelete